Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD not working

I was listening to my IPod nano Third Generation

4Gwith the iPod/ MP3 Universal Car Audio Cassette Adapter and everything was going fine iPod played perfectly . We had a problem with our electric cooler cord plugged into the cigarette lighter. I moved try iPod out of the way so it wouldn't get dropped on the floor while my husband was trying to fix the plug I put it on the sun visor and I put the other sun visor over it so it wouldn't fall off. Well guess what my iPod won't play now. All I have is blank screen and nothing It won't turn on it won't turn off. It doesn't at all looked smashed. Could I have ruined it someway by putting it between two visors. I wouldn't think an iPod would be that sensitive. I ran over its with a car once and it was smashed to pieces but it played. Any idea what could be wrong with it? Other than a blank screen it seems in good shape.I see no damage at all It had played fine 3 mins before that. It was only between the 2 sun visors not more than 4 minutes. Any idea what could be wrong with it? I have tried hooking it up to the computer but the computer says it is not connected I put it on the radio charger but nothing

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 6:48 PM

You ran over THIS particular iPod with your car?!

Did you do a Reset (restart) on the iPod?

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support (see section iPod with a click wheel)

4 replies

Apr 10, 2016 9:28 PM in response to miss dukette

Glad to hear it was something simple (and it was another iPod that was run over)... 🙂 Sometimes, there is no clear reason for needing to do a Reset to restart the iPod. It's like rebooting your computer. An iPod is very simple compared to your computer, so it does not happen very often, but an iPod does occasionally become unresponsive (I guess very rarely in your case...).

The first thing to check is to make sure the Hold switch is not ON by mistake. Then, if still unresponsive, do that two-button Reset.

IPOD not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.