Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete songs directly on ipod nano without using itunes

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to delete a song on my ipod whilst I'm out listening to it, rather than waiting until I get chance to go on the computer? (By which time, I've forgotten what needed deleting!!)

Whenever I search this I get instructions to go onto itunes but I don't want this. I've seen one video where you can swipe to delete, but I've tried this and it doesnt work so it must be from an old version.

I've got an ipod nano 7 I think.

Thanks

iPod nano (7th generation, Mid 2015), Windows 8

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 1:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2016 2:29 PM in response to The_Commandante

On an iPod (that is not iPod touch), you need to use in iTunes on the computer to update content on the iPod (either manually or with automatic syncing).

Here's what I do for the situation you described. I can't delete the song on the iPod, but I can give it a Rating of 1-star. If you use automatic syncing, that Rating syncs back to your iTunes library. I can later periodically sort my library song list by the Rating column to find and delete any 1-star songs that I've "forgotten" to delete.

How to delete songs directly on ipod nano without using itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.