Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reinstall the iPhoto after removing it?

Hi everybody,

My iPhoto hasn't been able to export a Slideshow, and was not doing well on sharing photos via email. I read some posts on the same issue, and the answer was to remove it and reinstall it from the Purchased list on App.

So I put the iPhoto to the Trash and emptied the Trash, but it still shows Installed on the Purchased list on App about iPhoto.

Am I suppose to clean up more things? I read some Receipts and Preference stuffs but not sure where to find them, can't locate them through Spotlight.

Anybody help please??

Thank you!

Pan

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 4:24 PM

It was not necessary to empty the Trash - I hope you have a backup copy of the iPhoto application somewhere?

If the AppStore is showing Photos as installed on the Purchases tab, reload the tab by entering the key combination ⌘R, and if that does not suffice, search with Spotlight for iPhoto. Does it find other copies of iPhoto.app, perhaps on connected backup drives or the network?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2016 4:24 PM in response to lovenpeace

It was not necessary to empty the Trash - I hope you have a backup copy of the iPhoto application somewhere?

If the AppStore is showing Photos as installed on the Purchases tab, reload the tab by entering the key combination ⌘R, and if that does not suffice, search with Spotlight for iPhoto. Does it find other copies of iPhoto.app, perhaps on connected backup drives or the network?

how to reinstall the iPhoto after removing it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.