Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet

Hi,

I've been having this problem ever since I updated to iOS 9.3.1. I'm using mobile data and when I open Safari, it says 'Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet'. I cannot search or load pages. However, I can connect using mobile data to chrome and other apps such as Instagram etc. Funny thing is, when I connect to wifi, Safari will be working fine. Please help. Thanks so much

I'm using iphone 5s, iOS 9.3.1.

Thanks again!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2017 9:16 PM

Guys!!! If your on iPhone or iPad i just fixed the problem for me now i feel stupid. Go to settings then cellular and scroll down to check to make sure you didnt flick the switch by accident turning off internet for safari. At least thats what I did. Goodluck!

11 replies

Nov 2, 2017 7:18 AM in response to pnconner

This fixed it for me on all my apple/mac devices.1. go to settings

2.click on Wi-Fi

3.click either the blue check mark on the left , or the blue circle on the right side.

4.scroll down to Configure DNS. "its probably set to automatic"

5.Click the DNS, and change to Manual.

6.Click the plus sign next to Add Server.

7. Type in these numbers, 208.67.220.220

8. if there is a save option on the top click save.

9. get out of settings and try and open Safari on your Apple device. Wi-Fi should now be working !!

Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.