Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help on some questions I have

I Have A Few concerns that I'm curious about:

1) My iPod classic has finally took its last breath, and I forgot to backup my playlist. the hard drive has finally crashed for good. i have researched to see if its possible to get your playlist even when the hard drive is kaput, but I question that credibility, but still open to hearing about it if anyone knows how. So my question is: can I retrieve my playlist from the hard drive of my IPod Classic? (I think it can still enter in Diagnostic Mode)

2) I'm thinking of trading my iPad Air 1 for a ipad pro. Now I'm quite skeptical of this seeing as data is already on the iPad Air. I really don't know if this is possible. I doubt I will actually make the trade if possible, but just in case would like the knowledge.

3) I accidentally made an account on the apple developer forum page. Can I disable it? I tried to find an appropriate contact us link, but it's like working through a corn maze.......

i ask anyone's assistance please! Thank you!

iPad Air 1, iPod classic-OTHER, null

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 6:55 PM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2016 6:59 PM in response to IceDragon87

IceDragon87 wrote:

2) I'm thinking of trading my iPad Air 1 for a ipad pro. Now I'm quite skeptical of this seeing as data is already on the iPad Air. I really don't know if this is possible. I doubt I will actually make the trade if possible, but just in case would like the knowledge.

Really don't know if what is possible? You can restore a new iPad from the backup of the previous iPad, thereby transferring all of the information from the old one.

Apr 12, 2016 12:49 PM in response to IceDragon87

1. You may be able to retrieve some of the media from iPod's hard drive if you can put it in disk mode. Retrieving the playlists would need it to have a working database which, if it has crashed as badly as you suggest, it probably hasn't got. See Re: Corrupt iPod classic.
  2. Yes, you should be able to backup an iPad Air are restore that backup to a new model. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device if there is data that was synced from your dead computer that wouldn't be included in a backup, e.g. media.
  3. Remove any personal information you don't want lying around and don't use the account. It should be there waiting if you ever get the urge to start developing.

tt2

Apr 28, 2016 12:14 AM in response to turingtest2

1) well my iPod keeps resetting when I try to put it in disk mode. I'm not sure if I did it correctly or not.ni tried disk mode from diagnostic mode too but it kept resetting. I Don't know what wou,d classify as my iPod classic being 100% dead. I assume if it still can reset' it's not completely dead.

how do I know if I'm in disk mode.

2) I don't have a dead computer, I just might upgrade from an air to a pro

3) ok

Need help on some questions I have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.