Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mac won't turn on at a different location

Afternoon,

I have quiet an old Apple MacBook, which is probably older then 6/7 years.

I have since moved to a new house and the laptop will not work, I took it back to the old house, turned it on to see if it would still work at the new house.

It was still on when I got to the old house but wouldn't connect to the internet, it just seemed to freeze ?

This has absolutely bamboozled me, any ideas anyone ?!?!?

Thank you in advance,

FT

MacBook, Not sure if the iOS on it

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 5:52 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2016 11:46 AM in response to finkletowers

Hello finkletowers,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If I understand your post correctly, your MacBook will not power on when at one location, but it will at another? Are you plugging it in to power? The wall outlet may not be functioning properly at the one home, and combined with a dead battery could prevent a portable from powering on. For general power support with Mac computers, take a look at the information below.

Power issues

After ruling out display issues, and if your computer won't turn on, try each of these steps.

1. Verify that you have a good connection from your Mac to the wall outlet by confirming the power cord and adapter are securely connected and plugged in. To check if the wall outlet is working, plug in a lamp or other electrical device.
  2. If the wall outlet is working and you continue to have no power, try another power cord or adapter if available. If it works, you might need a replacement cord or adapter. If you're using a Mac notebook, see Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters for further troubleshooting with MagSafe adapters.
    If you're using a Mac notebook, leave the power adapter connected long enough to provide an adequate charge to the battery.
  3. Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to your computer. This includes things like printers, USB hubs, or mobile devices.
  4. Hold down the power button for ten seconds. Then, press the power button again to see if the computer turns on.
  5. Reset the SMC.
  6. If you recently installed memory or a drive in your Mac, make sure it's compatible, supported, and installed correctly. If possible, reinstall the original memory or drive to see if the issue persists.
  7. If your Mac still won't start up after you've tried each of these steps, visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar (available in some countries only).

If your Mac won‘t turn on

Take care.

Apple Mac won't turn on at a different location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.