Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the Cloud Generator to loop

This has come up before but I cannot find an answer.

I want to create a short clip, 10 or 12 seconds, that uses the Cloud Generator to make an effect, but I want it to loop seamlessly.

Making a Project Loop End Marker (which is quite hard to find out how to do) does not work in this instance.

Is there any way to tell the Cloud generator to loop?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 7:55 AM

5 replies

Apr 11, 2016 4:57 PM in response to anyusernameleft

This is a very good tutorial on the basic method of creating a looping graphic (it's a little long, and the first 11 minutes are setting up the graphic used - you can fast forward to the 11 min mark to get to the info you're looking for.) However, I've tried it with Clouds and find it very difficult to create a "smooth" transition in the overlap. Playing with the gradient colors and speed will help... but I'm not optimistic that a satisfactory solution can be found.

Why does it have to loop? The speed parameter creates endless variation. Also, you can change the dimensions of the generator and use various methods of moving it across the background to create a more natural effect.

Apr 12, 2016 12:26 AM in response to anyusernameleft

Think I might have found a solution...

Basically you follow the instructions in the video. Instead of using a Fade In/Fade Out behavior, you will need to keyframe the Opacity of the top clone. Try to make enough overlap to go as far as you can manage (below is about half.) The project play range was reduced from 20 (setup) to 12 seconds in my trial and I cut the clone layers at 6 seconds.

Once you keyframe the Opacity, right click on the Opacity parameter and "Show in Keyframe Editor". Select the two endpoints and right click on one of them and for the Interpolation, set it to Bezier. Create the type of shape you see below... This will slow the fade in to blend at a slower rate. The last keyframe should be close to linear (at least that's how I liked it), but adjust it how you like.

User uploaded file

Put the project loop end marker on the last frame of the Play Range.

HTH

How to set the Cloud Generator to loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.