Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch not showing up as associated device

My 5th generation iPod touch does not show up on my associated device list in my Apple account. How do I "associate" it?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 11:23 AM

Just where are you looking?

Are you using the same ID and is the device using one of these features?

About associated devices

When you use certain iTunes Store features on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or computer, your iOS device or computer is automatically associated with your Apple ID in iTunes account settings. These features include:

View and remove associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2016 11:23 AM in response to Jerseygirl60

Just where are you looking?

Are you using the same ID and is the device using one of these features?

About associated devices

When you use certain iTunes Store features on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or computer, your iOS device or computer is automatically associated with your Apple ID in iTunes account settings. These features include:

View and remove associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

Apr 11, 2016 11:26 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks. I was looking in my iTunes account info, and my other devices showed up but not my iPod. After seeing your reply, I checked whether my iPod was set for Automatic Downloads (as it had been prior to recent software update) and it wasn't, so I reset this and now it is showing up. Solved my problem. Interesting, though, that I did search Apple support for info on associated devices and did not get the text you quoted.

iPod touch not showing up as associated device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.