Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 8.1 Bluetooth not working BCM2045A0 - MBPr13 E2015

I have Bootcamp installed on my MBPr13 Early 2015. I'm running Windows 8.1

I'm having trouble getting it to recognize the Bluetooth controller. It has recognized it in the past, and resetting the SMC seems to fix it, but then it quickly stops working again once I restart the Machine. I'm connecting it to a pair of Sony Headphones.

I've created a USB Drive with the most recent Windows Support software on it and have tried repairing the BootCamp Installation, I've tried installing the bluetooth drivers separately, and I've tried manually pointing the device to the Boot Camp Drivers in Device Manager, all to no avail.

Any ideas why this may be happening? Could it be due to the fact that I'm using Windows 8.1 Enterprise? Seems like this shouldn't make a difference for something like this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

This is what the Device Manager currently looks like:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8, Running Boot Camp 6

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 1:46 PM

Use pnputil.exe and delete all drivers in Driver Store for this device and ensue that Windows Automatic Update does not give you a bad driver again. Re-install the Bootcamp drivers and test.

3 replies

Bootcamp Windows 8.1 Bluetooth not working BCM2045A0 - MBPr13 E2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.