Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

distorted audio iphone 5se

My phone calls are very distorted on the new iphone 5se. I have reset my phone to factory settings and did a reinstall of software, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I also visited an Apple store in Charleston, SC and they said nothing was wrong, but there is! I have people on the other end of my calls say that I sound distorted too.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 3:34 PM

Couple of options you can try:

If you have the option - turn off LTE for voice and keep it for data only

Try out another SIM card if your carrier can provide you with one

Finally check with your carrier and see if there is a carrier update for the new phone

6 replies

May 13, 2016 2:36 AM in response to aah1028

I, until recently, a week ago, have been using my 4s and a 5s without any problems in my car, Volvo v70.

However, I didn't dare update to ios9.3 on those since I have read about the BT issues.

I purchased an iPhoneSE, having 9.3 installed, I experienced problems with BT calls, the receiver hears me clearly.. In my car however, the sound is evry distorted. I have tried updating to 9.3.1.. didn't help.

Does anyone have any information regarding the status of this issue at Apple?

RIght now, the only solution for me appear to be that I and our company switch from iPhones to some other brand? Please Apple, I really do not want to go down that road...

WHo out there know anything about this issue?

distorted audio iphone 5se

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.