Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore my ipod n

how do i restore my ipod nano (4th generation) on a computer when it was not the first computer that it synced with?

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 6:09 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2016 6:46 PM in response to Beyond_say

"Restore" means to erase the iPod and set it to factory settings. It does not matter if the computer running iTunes is the first computer to use the iPod or not. When you connect the iPod, it should appear in iTunes on the horizontal bar that goes across the iTunes screen. See screenshot of my iTunes screen (upper left corner of window) with iPod circled in red.

User uploaded file

Click the iPod device button to show the iPod's settings screen. The Restore button is there. This erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings. The iPod becomes associated with your current iTunes library, and you can sync to it as desired.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If your question is about something else, such as transferring the iPod's existing content, please post back with more details.

how do i restore my ipod n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.