Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signal loss on IPhone SE

Has anyone been experiencing signal loss on the new IPhone SE? I have 2 of them and both have dropped calls several times. Any solutions?

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 6:45 PM

31 replies

Jan 26, 2017 11:34 AM in response to vazqma33

IM having a total nightmare with my iPhone SE. I frequently get No service or very low signal. Constantly/daily called failed or phone drops off or just silence. I've just been to the Apple Store last week and they replaced the handset so I thought that was it! But one week on it's doing all the same things as my last one plus I had a new SIM card just in case That was the issue. Obviously not!

Apr 14, 2017 7:47 AM in response to vazqma33

I have the exact same issue. iPhone SE - Unlocked, 64GB. Running iOS 10.3.1 on Verizon Wireless. I've tried resetting the network settings, wiping the phone and setting it up as a new phone (no restore of data), changed sim cards and even network providers (had same issue with AT&T). I've done hard reboots, blowing out the sim slot with compressed air. There is something wrong with these phones!! Going to drive 2 hours tomorrow and see if the apple store can do something about it. This is frustrating, I did not have these issues with my 5s

May 3, 2017 12:59 PM in response to vazqma33

I have this same issue with the my iPhone SE 64 on the AT&T network. Also also have the problems listed below where the bars go up and down frequently and change between 3G, and 4G coverage frequently when I'm clearly in range of towers. Is there a problem with the SE's cell radio, love this phone but, I can't keep dropping and missing calls. Any advice? Anyone?

May 29, 2017 4:49 PM in response to vazqma33

I have the same issue with an iPhone SE 32GB on AT&T network. I purchased this phone about three weeks ago and to be on the clear side that it is not AT&T/carrier related I got a brand-new SIM card installed last week. Then I went on a road trip with my two family members both on AT&T with an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5S. On the road, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S never lost cellular connection to the network whereas my iPhone SE displayed many times "No Network"

I am also able to reproduce this issue at a local mall where the iPhone 5S does not lose cellular connection whereas the iPhone SE does.

I really like the form-factor of the SE, but I cannot keep a phone that keeps on losing cellular connection. I am on the fence on getting it replaced at the Apple store just to end up with a device that has the same issue. Any success of owners who exchanged their SE and it functioned afterwards? I think I just saw one owner comment so far that is affirmative.

Thanks.

Apr 13, 2016 6:32 AM in response to vazqma33

Hello vazqma33,
I understand that your iPhone SE is having an issue with dropping calls. Let's see if we can get that sorted out.
I know the iPhone's are new, but it is always a good idea to check for any carrier updates that might come your way. To check that, go to Settings > General > About and wait there for a few seconds. If one is available, you will be prompted to update. Another thing to check would be reseating the SIM card in your iPhone. Take a look at the article below that will go over how to troubleshoot when your iPhone are having issues with making and receiving as well as dropping calls.
If you can‘t make or receive calls on your iPhone
https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204027

Take care

Apr 26, 2016 1:22 PM in response to norm123

I'm having this same issue. Calls are constantly dropping on my iPhone SE.

I'm on t-mobile and i recently changed from iPhone 6S to the SE because I love the size of this phone. I still have both phones so I was able to test and confirm it is not a T-mobile issue by using the same sim in both phones. I've gone through this posted list and everything is up to date. Not sure why it is dropping calls constantly.

Apr 27, 2016 5:53 PM in response to Darren Brown

I have followed all of the recommended troubleshooting procedures by Apple and nothing seems to fix this issue. I am curious to see if the next update will address this issue. I have Verizon. To hear that this is happening across carriers leads me to belive that this could be a hardware issue, which an update probably won't fix. I'm hoping a software update will fix this issue as I do appreciate the size of the SE as well.

May 1, 2016 4:57 PM in response to vazqma33

I set up an appointment with an Apple Genius and took mine into the Apple Store. They were able to replicate my issue but were unable to determine if it was a hardware or software issue. They replaced my iPhone SE with a new one. At first we set it up as a new phone to ensure the new phone did not replicate any of the issues I had previously. Set it up new and repeated the same testing, all was good. Later, once at home I restored and updated from my last backup and so far so good. It's been three days and so far no dropped calls.

If you still have the same issues I recommend doing the same. Mine is fixed.

Jul 7, 2016 8:09 PM in response to vazqma33

I have the Iphone SE 64 on T-Mobile, and 100+ times a day my signal resets and I momentarily lose data connectivity. I can be sitting in a restaurant or driving through town, and I'll have 2 or 3 bars of T-Mobile LTE. Suddenly, the signal bar jumps to 5 "bars" of just T-Mobile (no LTE, no E, no 4G), then it goes to 1 bar, then back to 2 or 3 bars of T-Mobile LTE. The whole process takes about 10 seconds and interrupts whatever app I am utilizing data from. This is highly annoying and makes the phone pretty useless unless you are on Wi-Fi. I've already exchanged it once at the Apple store but the replacement phone does the exact same thing. T-Mobile blames Apple and Apple says it's T-Mobile. The only thing T-Mobile recommends is doing "Reset Network Settings" but that doesn't help, and it erases all my saved wi-fi passwords. What a nuisance! This is the worst Apple product I have ever owned, and I have been on the iPhone since the 3G came out.

Jul 28, 2016 1:11 PM in response to doug526

Thanks! I was trying to avoid going to the apple store but looks like I'll have to make an appointment. I was also hoping that it would be fixed with 9.3.3. A few things I've tried.... first I deleted network settings and a did full restore from itunes; then took it to sprint repair store and they gave me a new sim card, same thing and took it back to sprint repair store and they "flashed" it back to factory settings, same thing; then I did another full factory reset at home. Still doing the same thing. Jumps to "5 "bars" of just Sprint (no LTE, no 1x, no 3G), then it goes to no bars, then to 1x and back to 5 bars of Sprint- LTE then "counts down" a bar until it's at 2 or 3. Sprint said if it kept happening to take it to the apple store for a replacement. I saw that you were given a new phone did not fix it so I'm kinda hesitant on replacing it.

Signal loss on IPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.