Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I couldnt reach my photos.

I have been using my macbook pro since summer 2012. This february(2016), one day I tried to open iphoto but it didnt open. It gave a warning and I could not reach my photos. Does anybody know how to reach my photos and save all of them?

The warning is:

Your iphoto library is either used by another application or has become unreadable.

Shut down and restart your computer, and then open Iphoto again. If the problem persists, try rebuilding your photo library. To do this, quit iphoto, and then reopen it while keeping the option and command keys pressed. You can also try restoring your photo library from a backup.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 3:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2016 4:28 AM in response to e_dnz

Shut down and restart your computer, and then open Iphoto again. If the problem persists, try rebuilding your photo library. To do this, quit iphoto, and then reopen it while keeping the option and command keys pressed. You can also try restoring your photo library from a backup.

And did you try any of the recommended fixes in the message?

What was the result of restarting the computer?

Which version of iphoto do you have? And where is your iPhoto library stored? is it on an external drive? Are you sharing it on the network? Did iPhoto crash, before this problem occorred?

To repair your iPhoto Library:

• If iPhoto is open, quit it.
  • Hold down the Option and Command keys while you open iPhoto (click the iPhoto icon in the Dock). The Photo Library First Aid window opens.
  • Click Repair database.

If the problem persists, back up your iPhoto Library and repeat with Rebuild database.

I couldnt reach my photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.