Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet disappeared from iPad Pro

I entered three credit cards into the Wallet app yesterday. I was going to add another credit card today but the wall of application is not on the iPad anymore. Anyone have an idea about an application disappearing overnight? This is a new iPad Pro 9.7 for running the latest iOS update.

iPod touch, Other OS, third generation - iOS 5

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 6:57 PM

Hi timothyfromnavarre

There is no dedicated Wallet app on the Home screen for iPad.

You can enter cards to Wallet for Apple Pay in Settings.

Add a card on your iPad

Here's what you need:

Add your card:

1. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
  2. Tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
  3. Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, just enter its security code.
  4. Tap Next. Your bank will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If your bank needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
  5. After your bank verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.

You can also add rewards cards to Apple Pay. Get help adding your card to Apple Pay.

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2016 6:57 PM in response to timothyfromnavarre

Hi timothyfromnavarre

There is no dedicated Wallet app on the Home screen for iPad.

You can enter cards to Wallet for Apple Pay in Settings.

Add a card on your iPad

Here's what you need:

Add your card:

1. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
  2. Tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
  3. Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, just enter its security code.
  4. Tap Next. Your bank will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If your bank needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
  5. After your bank verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.

You can also add rewards cards to Apple Pay. Get help adding your card to Apple Pay.

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jul 6, 2016 9:24 AM in response to Axeman1020

I can confirm that the solution is correct: There is and never was a Wallet App for the iPad Pro. This is apparently NOT widely known within Apple's "Technical Support" team -- even at the senior levels. I had the same problem and called Apple. Their gurus SWORE it was there and advised me to trash my setup and restart, the app WILL appear because it it part of the permanent Apps on the system and cannot be deleted. I asked to speak to a senior techie. While I was waiting I googled the problem and ended up here. The senior techie confirmed everything the junior techie said. I asked her if she had access to an iPad Pro somewhere nearby. When she said she did, I asked her to walk over and see if the iPad Pro AT APPLE had a wallet app anywhere. She returned and said it did not. I suggested a memo was in order.

Oct 16, 2016 9:45 PM in response to NoMan99

I echo what NoMan99 says, and I agree that Apple needs to do some consistent training and messaging on which of it's "built-in" apps are available on which devices and what user experiences are supported on each for all of their store and online support teams. I have been directed down a "rabbit hole" a few times by Apple personnel. With the expansion of device types in the iOS ecosystem and now the added ability in iOS 10 to remove many "built-in" apps it can become very, very confusing to users when there are similar, but not identical, experiences. It becomes especially challenging with new features like hand-off and even alarming when it comes to security and privacy associated with Apple Pay. It would be very helpful if there were a chart that showed the various "built-in" apps, which can be deinstalled (or not) by device (and device feature like TouchID), by iOS version, to validate that what I thought I did or saw on my iPad Pro to pay for a purchase was actually processed by my iPhone using hand-off rather than natively on the tablet before I spend hours trying to find why my Wallet App is gone on my iPad and that I can't even find it to reinstall from the App Store. I also think it would be helpful to provide guidance as to which app features or settings can be changed or forced by devices that accept Mobile Device Management from a corproration or education institution and how these may need to be checked or reset or removed when someone leaves an institution where their personal device had to accept MDM settings to participate on those networks. Some days the daily changing apps space feels like a house of mirrors where you can't find your way out, but when you add people's wallets to the security equation it feels like it may be a house of cards. I'm all for innovation, but it happens so frequently and settings can be so nuanced these days that I frequently find myself lost. Better documentation or some sort of "classics" mode might make it less disorienting when the floor gets ripped out from under you with then next update. (Just my personal rant du jour).

Oct 16, 2016 11:40 PM in response to A. Bear

It would be very helpful if there were a chart that showed the various "built-in" apps, which can be deinstalled (or not) by device (and device feature like TouchID), by iOS version,

Like this? >> Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 - Apple Support

User uploaded file

or this? ...where the Wallet app is not listed, like it is in the iPhone User Guide.

http://help.apple.com/ipad/10/

User uploaded file

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/

As for MDM abilities, check this resource by Apple >> http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/it/

User uploaded file

I think you are on your own if your employer requires MDM on your devices.

Oct 17, 2016 1:16 PM in response to LACAllen

Thanks LACAllen for your quick, thoughtful, and considerate reply. I know sometimes tone doesn't translate well in treaded posts on online communities, so let me preface by saying that these address some of my points, but take a lot of work to find and digest because they are geared towards product marketing rather than technical support. The overall intent of my comment was about transparency of changes to settings and other controls over end user experience across ecosystems and versions.

Let me assure you, I am not intending to be overly critical of Apple on this; I worked for Apple corporate during the early iOS years as the platform expanded from iPhone to AppleTV to iPad. And I more recently worked for a 3rd party Software-As-A-Service solution products company developing multiple iOS Apps for managing corporate content with different levels of access rights. So, I do know how didfficult it is to manage support content and present it to end users and keep it properly updated across multiple device types and ever evolving versions where configuration settings are constantly being moved or regrouped to be logical in the latest version. I know that Apple usually does this very well, but there has been so much consistent change and innovation in the iOS ecosystem lately, that maybe organization and flow of the connected parts is less clear.

Two simple suggestons from my experience: 1.) If the iPad iOS has a Settings panel called "Wallet and Apple Pay", maybe call out explicity in the iPad User Guide that "the Wallet App is not available on the iPad but driven via the iPhone/Watch checkout/payment experience, but Apple Pay is relevant on Safari for websites sites supporting Apple Pay as secure payment." Something simple like that in the iPad User Guide or better yet, on the actual Settings panel for Wallet and Apple Pay, would have saved myself an a few of my friends hours worth of searching, reading, and scratching our heads. And 2.) Why isn't there a support centeric explanation for what each and every panel and setting in Settings so that I could cick on anly of the listed items above and understand, for example, what "Managed photo editing" is (or whatever other setting) what are the 3 or 4 main configuration options are, and how if the behavior you are experiencing doesn't match with these standard settings you can determine if their is a MDM policy overriding them from the standard product? The MDM documentation is voluminous and way to technical for the faint of hear person who merely wants to know why they can't save a picture to their Photo Stream (maybe becasue the MDM restrictions placed on a beta version of their companys's new app failed to install correctly and continued to show up after being deleted because they left the company and unisntalled those apps, but the corrrupt settigns we reapplied after restoring from backups --true story).

Again, not a gripe, but just some feedback, for what it's worth. Thans again for your help.

Apple Wallet disappeared from iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.