Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.7 iPad Pro Restarts, Displays Apple Logo

I just received a new 9.7" iPad Pro. It's great aside from the fact that once every day or so, it randomly restarts and displays the Apple logo. Typically it will restart fairly quickly. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm hoping it's a iOS glitch that will be fixed and not specific to my new iPad.

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 7:43 AM

49 replies

Apr 12, 2016 8:11 AM in response to amcnellis

I've had mine since 3/31 and it has done this twice. Only it doesn't actually restart, it just shows the Apple on the black background for about 10 seconds then it's fine again.

Usually after a restart, I have to use my passcode to unlock my iPad (can't use my thumbprint initially). The two times it's done this, I did not have to enter my passcode, so it must not have actually restarted.

Apr 12, 2016 4:54 PM in response to amcnellis

Mine is also frequently doing these mini restarts when switching apps or returning to the home screen, and occasionally longer restarts when trying to open the camera. I started this iPad from scratch (not a restore) and have tried Reset All Settings, but still getting the crashes/reboots. I have the 128GB Wifi iPad Pro in Space Gray, running 9.3.1. Hoping its just a software issue that'll get resolved by 9.3.2.

Apr 16, 2016 9:53 AM in response to amcnellis

Mine has been doing this since I got it a few days ago, sometimes I'm playing Apple Music or watching YouTube on the app. I even spotted some on the Apple Store that do this also. I guess it's software , but I might take mine to the Apple Store because I'm taking it overseas and I'm going to be pretty mad if I have to return it from there.

I'm running 9.3.1

i just checked and there are other threads about this: iPad Pro 9.7 Random Restar

thats just one

Apr 20, 2016 5:38 AM in response to ashley1227

Ok, first ever post. 6 days ago, bought the new 9.7 pro 128GB wifi+cellular ipad as a gift. recipient been using it for 4 days and every day it has it has reset itself at least once, white screen, apple logo and then back to screen, no need for pasword to be entered as touch id works staright away. Usage stats cleared and started again (not even managed a full day to check how long it lasts or is used before battrey needs recharging etc).

Apple seem to be in denial ..... support would be helpful or even acknowledgemnt it is a common problem and being worked on.

Apr 20, 2016 4:39 PM in response to amcnellis

I am still having crashes every day. Both springboard and full complete reboots. What the heck is going?is it software or hardware. Apple has been telling me it's my fault and i should set it up as new. I have 500 apps and various documents. I never had a problem with my IPad Air. I'm waiting for a swap, however swaps are refurbished. For God's sake its 3 weeks old. I paid over 1000 for this. Apple is threatening me and saying if I don't set up the swap as new, they will only provide Software support. This is ridiculous. I am so frustrated.

Apr 20, 2016 5:24 PM in response to amcnellis

Its happening to lots of us, the more I look, the more people I find with the issue.

mine an iPad Pro 9.7 silver 128g

i called apple and the asked my to do and tried already a reset all settings, then restore all, then set as a new iPad, but again it happens.

it's more like a springboard crash and takes just a a few seconds. Hopefully somebody here has access to Apple because here they won't read it probably

we need a patch in the iOS.

9.7 iPad Pro Restarts, Displays Apple Logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.