Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Blu-ray job won't output a .img file

iMac 27 inches, 3.5 gHz Core i7, 16GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M 4GB, 1TB storage with +-330 GB free

MacOs 10.10.5 "Yosemite"

Final Cut Pro-X 10.2.2

Compressor 4.2.2

I'm trying to produce a Blu-ray .img file, which I have previously done a few time with no issues. This time, Compressor will output the .ac3 and .264 files, but not the needed .img file. I have tried both a FCPX "Send to compressor" and a "Share to Master file" in ProRes as an intermediate step, to no avail. The project is 2h07m in lenght and Compressor is calculating the bitrate to fit on a single layer BD-R (25 GB) like it should (average bitrate around 21 mbps). I use Two pass encoding and maxed out settings. The original file has chapters. The encoded assets are coming out to 21 GB for the .264 file and 190 MB for the ac3 file, so all should be well.

The Compressor process is taking nearly 7 hours to do and I'm at the third try, this is getting old! I can do a test with a smaller file (to save time) with the same settings and process, and it will work.

Any idea? Could the latest FCPX and MacOS solve this? I was hoping to can the project before updating the computer.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 3.5GHz i7 16GB ram 4GB video 1TB HD

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 8:41 AM

Oh dear. I went to the "Completed" pane to see if some error message could be found but there were none, the job was listed as successful. I tried the "Reuse" button and relaunched the process. As the encoded assets were still on my computer, Compressor used them as-is without restarting the whole encoding process. It proceeded to finish the Blu-ray job in a few minutes, then outputed the proper .img file, which is working fine, menu, chapters and all.

Obviously I'm happy to have the job done, but I'm not happy with Apple for such bugs. I do not use Windows for a reason!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2016 8:41 AM in response to Deromax

Oh dear. I went to the "Completed" pane to see if some error message could be found but there were none, the job was listed as successful. I tried the "Reuse" button and relaunched the process. As the encoded assets were still on my computer, Compressor used them as-is without restarting the whole encoding process. It proceeded to finish the Blu-ray job in a few minutes, then outputed the proper .img file, which is working fine, menu, chapters and all.

Obviously I'm happy to have the job done, but I'm not happy with Apple for such bugs. I do not use Windows for a reason!

Create Blu-ray job won't output a .img file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.