Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Sign-in Verification Failed

Hello,

I get a Verification Error when signing in to iTunes from Windows 10, but sign-in works fine on iPhone and iPad. I'm also able to manage my Apple-ID. It is only when signing in to iTunes (12.3.3) on my Windows 10 that I get this error. "Verification Failed. This action could not be completed. Please try again"... no error code.Internet is working fine. I've tried this via both Ethernet and wifi, without success.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2017 11:07 AM

I was receiving the same error, and turns out all I had to do was right click the ITunes icon and select "Run As Administrator." My Windows 10 account is already set as Administrator so it didn't occur to me to try that until after I tried all of these other suggestions. Ultimately that's what worked.

4 replies

Apr 15, 2016 11:12 AM in response to tonyrese

The following seems to have done the trick:

1) A complete removal of iTunes, Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update and Bonjour, then reinstalled iTunes (The other apps came back with the iTunes install)

thereafter, I did the following step:

2) If you don't see your content after you update iTunes - Apple Support

You might only need the last step, but I landed up doing both.

iTunes Sign-in Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.