Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to extend the day past midnight to complete the activities and close the rings

If you need to extend your day past midnight to close the activity rings set temporarily the timezone to a timezone farther west. Change the timezone before midnight. Now you can use the additional hours the timezone is shifted relative to your usual timezone to complete the missing activities.

I tested this again during a long distance flight, where the timezone at the destination is shifted by 8 hours relative to my home timezone.

As you can see, watchOS 2.1 will happily give credit for activities for more than 24 hours if you shift the timezone.

At 5pm the watch already showed 25 hours of "Stands", more than one day.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

And with the 8hrs offset to my regular timezone I could accumulate 30 stand hours within one day's work:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

If you want to extend your day to complete activities this way, don't forget to set the timezone back before you go to sleep, or you might forget the next day that the watch is a few hours off. I would wait to set the timezone back until after receiving the message that all tasks have been completed for the day and set the timezone to the correct time after the next hour.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 1TB SSD

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 12:12 PM

Thanks

What is a body to do if she lives in Hawaii? 😝

11 replies

Apr 15, 2016 11:36 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

I'm still trying for a perfect week! 😁

The secret is to set the goals not too high. I have set the daily move goal so low, that I accomplish it by simply staying alive and an occasional walk to the fridge or the bathroom. 😁 It is nicer to see "Move goal 1000%" at the end of the day than "Sorry, you missed the move goal".

The 30 minutes exercise are easily accomplished by using the bike to get to work and back every day. The real challenge is the "Stand" goal with a job that keeps me tied to the desk or in meetings all day.

Apr 15, 2016 10:54 PM in response to léonie

So your Watch is not nagging you to raise your Move calorie goal. Mine has nagged me since I got it and it keeps getting higher and higher. No matter how well I do it keeps asking for more so I named my Watch after my doctor who does the same thing. (But actually once Maria got to 770 she quit nagging).

Apr 15, 2016 10:56 PM in response to deggie

I should call my watch Maria too!

Once a week my watch is nagging and raising my goal, but I just turn the crown to set it back to the initial value, when asked to confirm the new goal. I want the length of the circles to be relative to a fixed absolute value that I can remember and not relative an ever changing sliding value.

I even received an award for reaching new move goal twice! 😁

The continually raising of the values is a bit annoying and makes it more difficult to use. For example, the distance to my office from my home is roughly 10 kms , and so I want to set the watch to a 10 km bike ride every morning. But depending on the amount of obstacles on the bike lane (parking cars, playing children, dogs on a leash) and construction sites the distance may vary because of the detours and slaloms I have to make. So on the way back, I always have to set the bike ride back to 10 kms, because the watch raised it to the length of the last ride. it would be more helpful if we had a preference setting, that controls the default values. The distance to our place of work or the length of our favorite cycling routes does not increase magically every day. It would not be so bad, if we could operate the watch while keeping the gloves on, or if Siri would understand me across the noise of the traffic, but I can use Siri only indoors.

How to extend the day past midnight to complete the activities and close the rings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.