Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 battery die in 3 hours

The iPhone 6 battery is totally suck, and the in store customer service is even worse.

This is what happening to my phone now, the battery runs from 100% to 0% within three hours without any app running, doing anything, or feeding in background.

My iphone 6 battery was totally fine until one IOS update, I couldn't recall which update it is, but I was 100% sure the battery works perfectly fine 5 months ago.

I used to take 500 pictures a day with my iphone, and it could still do it in October 2015. One day, after the IOS update, the phone battery drop extremely fast. I first brought in for Brea CA store repair without appointment. The Genius Bar tech run a diagnose and said to me that "the battery is 90% good, so as long as you close all the app in the background, it helps the battery so last longer."

I follow her instruction, however the battery still runs out fast, so I made an appoint with the Brea CA Genius Bar again within 1 weeks. The bar tech ran another diagnose again and told me the battery is 75% good. WOW, it drops 15% within a week!?!?

The reps shut down some background feeds or update, adjust some settings, and hand the phone back to me and told me it's ok now.

Was my phone fixed??? NOPE, the phone ran from 100% to shut down within 5 hours

I brought the phone in on 04/10/2016 to the Irvine Spectrum shop. The tech ran another diagnose for me and told me the phone battery is 50% good. WOW, drop another 25%??

He told me there no need to replace the battery until it's only 20% good.

The tech also said the IOS is corrupted, so he gonna recode/ reinstall the app. It took 2 hours to completely install the IOS and reinstate all the back up.

Is the problem fixed???/ NO, my phone battery drops from 100% to 0% within three hours now, and my desktop and car charger can longer charge my phone, it only stop the battery from going down.

I really think you guys intentionally not to fix my phone and let the battery die, so I need to spend money to replace the battery.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 12:16 PM

Sorry about your experience

Looks like the battery may indeed be going bad

Use the support function at the top of this page - chat with the reps - be nice above all - it goes a long way - many times they can run remote test and check your battery

11 replies

Apr 12, 2016 1:40 PM in response to Masterbadsssss

If you check in Settings>Battery, what application is using the majority of your power over that 3 hour period? Something is corrupt somewhere, but that should have been taken care of when they did the restore to factory at the Apple Store. Did you restore your backup after that, or did you test the device without additional content added to it?

Apr 12, 2016 4:19 PM in response to Masterbadsssss

Masterbadsssss wrote:

oh, i misunderstood your question.

Safari 53%

Calendar 39%

Home loock 4%

one drive 4%

ps. my Safari was showing goolge front page

What were you doing on Safari and Calendar all that time that would consume that much battery? Seems like something is wrong there by looking at those statistics. You might want to make an appointment again at the Genius Bar and show them this information. That might explain the issue.

Apr 12, 2016 5:22 PM in response to Masterbadsssss

Did your original case start prior to the warranty expiring? If it did, there MAY be a chance that the battery could be replaced. You would need to plead your case to a senior advisor, being sure to mention that the initial complaint was opened during the warranty period. If that is NOT the case, you would need to pay for the battery replacement.

Iphone 6 battery die in 3 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.