Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.3.1 Cannot add pictures to iCloud shared album

Ever since upgrading to iOS 9.3.1 I cannot add pictures to iCloud shared albums.

Have tried this two ways. By selecting pictures from camera roll and selecting iCloud photo sharing option. If a new album name is set, the album is created but it stays empty. The second way is going to an iCloud shared album and try to insert a picture by tapping the +. Nothing happens.

I've also noticed that even recently taken pictures are being loaded from the iCloud when viewed(I have iCloud Photo Library enabled). Before this update only older pictures were downloaded when viewed and recently added remained on the phone/ipad.

This is happening on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 64gb each and there is plenty of space available on them both so it shouldn't upload recent pictures to photo library and delete from phone straightaway.

Any known issues?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.1, Also iPhone 6 on 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 9:14 AM

Anyone? It works ok on the ipad if selecting just one photo..

3 replies

Apr 18, 2016 6:12 PM in response to gadgets110

Also, inserting pictures into emails or notes usually does not work as well. It does download the image from the icloud library(even for recent images which are supposed to stick around for while) but fails to insert it. I can get it to work sometimes using the mail option by going to the camera roll and selecting the image. Probably related to the same issue of not being able to add pictures to shared albums.

If I call Apple, surely their solution would be to restore the phone but it's too long winded and getting the phone/ipad back to exactly how it was before doesn't always work. In the past, I've lost my viber data and also other apps no longer on the app store..

Besides, it may not solve the issue since it doesn't seem to be widespread and is just on my two devices so I'm thinking the fault is in my icloud data settings or something rather than the firmware on the phone.

iOS 9.3.1 Cannot add pictures to iCloud shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.