Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch exercise green circle

why does my 45 minute workout walk only show as 5 minute exercise in the green circle on my watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2017 8:04 AM

But How does the watch make the calculation?

By the Heart Rate Monitor?

or by the Speed?

when i use the Nike app on my series watch 2, the green bar move very good

but when i use the wokr out native app, the green bar, move is very poor, on 45 minutes outside walk, only move 4 or 5 minutes.

i think apple have to check this out.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2017 8:04 AM in response to debhoole

But How does the watch make the calculation?

By the Heart Rate Monitor?

or by the Speed?

when i use the Nike app on my series watch 2, the green bar move very good

but when i use the wokr out native app, the green bar, move is very poor, on 45 minutes outside walk, only move 4 or 5 minutes.

i think apple have to check this out.

Apr 12, 2016 1:41 PM in response to debhoole

Hi

To credit progress towards the Exercise goal, the Activity app aims to identify activity that equals or exceeds the intensity of a brisk walk. The definition of a brisk walk depends upon your personal information.

To check that your personal information is accurate:

- On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.

During general daily wear, the Activity app relies on your arm motion (measured by the accelerometer) to track movement for the purpose of crediting Exercise. For the best results, allow the arm on which you are wearing your watch to swing naturally as you move around.

If walking outside, it may help to take your iPhone with you and to track your walks using the Workout app on your watch, choosing Outdoor Walk as the activity type. With Location Services enabled on your iPhone (Settings > Privacy > Location Services), your watch can also then use GPS data from the iPhone to estimate your speed and distance. However, Exercise credit will still only be awarded for activity that is at least equivalent to a brisk walk.

Calibrating your watch also helps to improve the accuracy of various estimations (including Exercise credit) made by the Activity app and Workout app. More information and instructions for calibrating your watch are available via the link below.

More information:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple watch exercise green circle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.