Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Of late when I put my mac to sleep I loose my internet connection when it start up again... any ideas?

I loose my mail connection and the internet.

AT&T has replaced everything that van be replaced or upgrade including the gateway

I;m just about ready to take to the store...

Rick

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 2.53 (Late 2010) +500GB Drive

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 5:05 PM

6 replies

Apr 12, 2016 7:00 PM in response to ricktherepguy

What steps do you currently take, to get Wi-Fi back..?

1. If you are using Wi-Fi only as your connection, make sure that Wi-Fi is set first in the service order.

To do that, open the Network Preference, click on the cog at the bottom of the Network Preference panel and select Set Service Order.

User uploaded file

Then drag Wi-Fi to the top of the list and click OK.

User uploaded file

2. Make sure that Location: is set to Automatic and not something else.

User uploaded file

For more on using the Diagnostic and general troubleshooting.

visit >Use Wireless Diagnostics to help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your Mac - Apple Support

Apr 14, 2016 1:28 PM in response to den.thed

Well I start by killing the power to AT&T's Gateway and do a hard reboot. It kills everything but when the Gateway has rebooted I find that my eMail and all thing relating the internet are working once again. But when the mac goes to sleeper is put to sleep. There is not internet related connection until I do a hard reboot again.

I have even taken the step of test via my test account problem remains.

Last night I reinstalled my current OS X and the issues remains.

I sure shop I'm not looking at another man in my future!

Rick

Of late when I put my mac to sleep I loose my internet connection when it start up again... any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.