Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing not working

home sharing has worked well for a long time, but today when I try to access home sharing on my iPad through the Videos App I get the little circle loads half way then I get a message stating Home Sharing can't be loaded.

I have done the following to try and resolve the issue ...

1. Restart all of my devices (iPads, iPhones, and ATV 3).

2. Close iTunes on my Mac Mini

3. Restart my Mac Mini, and restart iTunes making sure it is signed into Home Sharing (as well as making sure all devices are also signed into home sharing)

4. Unplug the router (ASUS NT-N66U) wait 10 seconds plug it back in and restart it

5. Reboot the router; and

6. Tried ethernet and wifi with the ATV

I'm stumped, I'm not sure what to do next.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 2.3Ghz 16Gb 1Tb Late 2012

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 12:27 AM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2016 7:54 PM in response to simonp_au

I connected the Mac and ATV 3 to another network, I made sure I was signed into Home Sharing on the ATV and in iTunes on the Mac and I was able tonstream content to my ATV. So obviously the issue was with my router. I decided to preform another full Restore of the router, returning it back to factory settings. After I did this I was able to stream content to the ATV.

Apr 15, 2016 6:42 PM in response to simonp_au

I'm having, sort of, the same problem. I decided to move all of my Movies and TV shows from one Mac over to another that's always on working as my media server (different server software and clients, but it's always on). I open iTunes and load all of the videos and setup Home Sharing using the correct iTunes account. I can see the shared videos on multiple Macs but NOT on ATV v2. Haven't checked ATV v3 yet, but the fact that everything works on the Macs and not on the older ATV... not sure where to go next. It doesn't seem to be my router as it's working everywhere else.

Ideas?

Home Sharing not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.