Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s 64 Gb experiencing a lot of crashes since update to 9.3.1

Hi Everyone,

My iPhone 6s 64 Gb was working great when I was using it on iOS 9.3. Now since I have updated to iOS 9.3.1, it is experiencing multiple crashes when I use an app for long, or sometimes when I click a link in Safari, or when I open the camera app it instantly crashes or does not show the camera. Also the battery drain is much greater. By crashes I mean the device becoming unresponsive, the screen going black and the device resetting to the home screen. Has anyone been experiencing these issues and maybe have a solution to the problem? The device is becoming unworkable. I wouldn't expect the hardware to malfunction this quickly in this quite new phone. Do you guys have a similar experience or is it a coincidence with a hardware failure and should I look up an Apple Store?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1, Silver 64 GB

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 5:51 AM

10 replies

Apr 13, 2016 6:26 AM in response to prop_dynamic

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

May 15, 2016 10:10 AM in response to EvanNY

SO, I think i have traced the problem to a Google Security Certificate. When I opened Drive to access company files it had to install the Google Security Certificate. After it did that, that is when this issue resurfaced.

is there a fix that Apple ia going to release soon?????

All Google related products work with no issues (Gmail, Chrome Web Browser, etc). Just native Apple stuff does not work!

iPhone 6s 64 Gb experiencing a lot of crashes since update to 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.