Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages not working with El Capitan 10.11.4

I recently update the my OSX to 10.11.4 and now Mac Pages is no longer functional. The application starts and you can see the menu at the top of my monitor. When selecting any drop down command nothing appears on the screen..no error, no dialogue box, nothing. For example clicking of File - New i would expect to see the new document template selection dialogue box. Nothing appears. Under the Windows drop down it shows all the document I have opened as open, including "choose a template". None of them appear on the monitor.

I can click on the icon on the dock at the bottom of the monitor and choose "show all". It shows the icon preview of the documents. When I click on the "open" documents nothing shows on the screen.

What have I tried...

1. Restarted Pages (same result)
  2. Restarted the computer and run Pages (same result)
  3. Deleted Pages and reinstalled Pages from the App Store (same result)
  4. Googled the problem...looked on forums, but didn't find this problem.

The application seems to work only nothing is showing on the monitor.

Ideas/Solutions?

Thanks

Dave

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 7:35 AM

OK fixed the problem....somehow the dialogue boxes were all off the screen...fiddled with the resolutions and eventually got everything back....not sure how it got hanged but it was probably related to an external monitor.

7 replies

Apr 28, 2016 8:53 AM in response to jddb47

If you have a document open, and the application hangs, crashes, or a sudden power outage occurs, there is risk that the file will either not get updated properly, or corrupted because a final write was garbled. Some of this may be out of your control.

You can ensure that you do not have more applications open than can be supported by your available installed RAM memory. You can ensure that you have at minimum, 10 - 12 percent of your drive size free at all times for the operating system to function properly. Outdated kernel extensions installed by some third-party applications may cause instability during or after OS X upgrades.

Running any anti-virus, or so-called cleaner applications will interfere with the normal system operations, and have been severally reported in the support communities to have removed critical parts of the operating system with over-zealous cleanup tactics.

Pages not working with El Capitan 10.11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.