Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARD Client 3.8.5 cannot be installed on 10.11.4

I have a newly imaged MAC that I am trying to install the ARD 3.8.5 client on. I have already updated the OS to the latest release and my ARD server is up to date as well. When I try to install ARD using either the custom package or from the general remotedesktopclient.dmg I get a error that the software requires 10.10.5 or above (which I am already at). Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 9:45 AM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2016 9:30 PM in response to southfromadams

You should be tried to disable rootless on OS X El Capitan. Before you install client software.

Follow these steps I'm sure you can install client software on your iMac 🙂

1st: Restart your Mac.
2rd: Hold command + R until you come to the recovery mode.

3nd: Open terminal and type " csrutil disable" to disable rootless mode.

4th: Reboot your mac and install client software without the warning.

Good luck, Guys 😀

May 19, 2016 4:47 AM in response to remotedesktop

I found a solution. ARD is included in OS X El Capitan but needs to be turned on. Running this command as root activated the service properly for me.

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/ki ckstart -activate -configure -access -on -users admin -privs -all -restart -agent -menu

http://themacadmin.com/script-enable-remote-management-ard/

ARD Client 3.8.5 cannot be installed on 10.11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.