Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mouse scrolling

I just installed an update to El Capitan V 10.11.4 today and now I can't scroll using my mouse. I have to use the scroll bars. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this?

Thanks.

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), Mac OS 9.2.x, OX 10.9.5

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 7:38 PM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2016 7:35 AM in response to cogosteph

Hello cogosteph,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues with your mouse isn't scrolling. Since you are posting in the Magic Mouse and Trackpad forum, I am assuming your issues are with the Magic Mouse and the following article should help you with troubleshooting:

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren‘t working as expected

If you are talking about the Mighty Mouse, with the small trackball on top, it may be in need of cleaning. The manual for the mouse, Apple Mouse, contains the following on cleaning the mouse and scroll ball:

Cleaning Your Mouse and Scroll Ball
Follow these guidelines to clean the outside of your mouse and the scroll ball:
Use a lint-free cloth that’s been lightly moistened with water to clean the mouse exterior and the scroll ball.
Don’t get moisture in any openings.
Don’t use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
If your mouse stops scrolling or if scrolling becomes rough, clean the mouse scroll ball. Rotate the ball while cleaning for complete coverage. If scrolling feels rough, hold the mouse upside down and roll the ball vigorously while cleaning it to help remove any particles that may have collected.

Best regards.

Apr 20, 2016 3:57 PM in response to jeffd55

Hello,

I have the same problem after updating yesterday to 10.11.4. My Magic Mouse 2 was working fine and now it's not. I've shut down, removed all USB peripherals attached to my Macbook Pro, unpaired the mouse, etc. Since the update, if I tap to enlarge my screen, it just continues to zoom in and out constantly. I've had to turn the feature off. Please help!

Apr 27, 2016 2:47 PM in response to fj_x

Hi fj_x,

The gentleman that I spoke with at Tech Support had me reset the PRAM. It worked for about a day and now it's back to the shenanigans of zooming in and out. I shut off the mouse and the bluetooth on my MacBook and it works for about five (5) minutes and then the zooming in and out begins again. You might try resetting the PRAM and see if it's real fix for you. If I find anything else out, I'll post again.

Cheers,

Kimbakat72

mouse scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.