Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating calendar sub group el capitan 10.11.4

I am trying to group my calendars into two categories - the first is my calendar, which lists different projects I work on, the other would be a group for another part of the department I support with a list of their projects. Is this possible? I basically want to group the list of calendars into two categories. It seems like this should be really simple and obvious. I have created a new group and am trying to drag the relevant calendars into the new group and that doesn't work. I have been looking online for ages and this doesn't seem to be a function, so posting on here is my final resort! Thank you in advance for comments and help

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 4:42 PM

Online (subscribed) calendars cannot be grouped, it seems. The only calendars you can Group are local (On My Mac) calendars. I don't know why.

4 replies

May 4, 2016 5:48 AM in response to Tortoni

You don't make a group from a calendar. You make a group and put calendars in the Group.

First, as noted above, you must be using an On My Mac calendar. If the calendar is in an iCloud or other online account, it will not be possible.

With an On My Mac calendar selected, choose New Calendar Group from the file menu. The selected calendars will be placed into the newly created group.

Aug 29, 2016 8:29 PM in response to LCusdin

Not only can't Groups be created in iCloud (which already doesn't make sense), but the new (poor) functionality just wiped out my old calendar Groups and erased my On My Mac calendars. I was trying to clean up some previously duplicated calendars (from a long while back), and I think it happened when I enabled the Push command, but I'm not sure. It's like one of the programmers thought it would be a great idea to insert a hidden command that takes all the contents of your shelves and drawers and dumps them into one big bin, as if to say, "This is how you wanted it, right?"

I hope Apple does one of two things (yesterday!): either enable a Grouping function within iCloud (why wouldn't that be useful?), or enable previously written whole calendars to be moved easily back to an On My Mac location with functional Grouping. This is simply intuitive.

I hope someone is watching who can do something. I hope they don't delay

Creating calendar sub group el capitan 10.11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.