Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I needed to reset my ipod I got it to reset but all it is showing now is a check mark and says it is in "disc mode" and I can't get it off of this page

I needed to reset my ipod I got it to reset but all it is showing now is a check mark and says it is in "disc mode" and I can't get it off of this page

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 8:16 PM

It sounds like you don't actually have an iPod shuffle (this forum category), since the shuffle does not have a screen or a specific Reset procedure (except to turn it off). But that's fine... Is it an iPod nano?

Try doing the Reset again, as described in this document for your iPod model/type

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

If it goes back to the Disk Mode screen, the iPod may have data corruption. Connect the iPod to your computer running iTunes. If it picks up the iPod (in Disk Mode), it may prompt you to do a Restore. The Restore erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2016 8:16 PM in response to gutz1829

It sounds like you don't actually have an iPod shuffle (this forum category), since the shuffle does not have a screen or a specific Reset procedure (except to turn it off). But that's fine... Is it an iPod nano?

Try doing the Reset again, as described in this document for your iPod model/type

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

If it goes back to the Disk Mode screen, the iPod may have data corruption. Connect the iPod to your computer running iTunes. If it picks up the iPod (in Disk Mode), it may prompt you to do a Restore. The Restore erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.