Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhotos to my iPhone 6?

Hi guys,

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 having previously owned an iPhone 5S. I backed up all my songs and photos before selling my photo.

The problem is, when I access my iCloud, the only photos available are from the ones I took with the new 6 and not all my old backed up photos.

However, when I access my iPhoto's all my stored/backed up photos are there. On the side bar my iPhone 6 is present but it won't let me transfer the photos onto the phone-- like there seems to be no way to do it.

I have previously went onto iTunes to see if the photos option would allow me to sync however it comes up with this;

'iPhone 6 can access photos on iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi...'

I can't see my backed up photos on iCloud and I have my Wi-Fi switched on.

Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 8:22 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2016 12:15 PM in response to NicolaM506

I have previously went onto iTunes to see if the photos option would allow me to sync however it comes up with this;

'iPhone 6 can access photos on iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi...'

You have probably iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone. Then you cannot use iTunes Photo Sync to transfer photos to your iPhone.

If you are using MacOS X 10.10.3 or newer on your Mac you could import the photos you want to see on your iPhone to Photos for Mac and then enable this library as iCloud Photo Library. The photos will sync to your iPhone. See. iCloud Photo Library FAQ

Or disable iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone. Then you can sync selected albums and events from your iPhoto Library using iTunes Photo Sync: See: Sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support

Syncing iPhotos to my iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.