Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3.3.17 stop working on windows 10 after a message of that the rental movie has ended.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileSince I upgraded to iTunes 12.3.3.17 and I want to open iTunes on windows 10, I have a pop up that says “The rental period for The Benefactor has ended” and when I click OK, that I have another pop-up that says “iTunes has stopped working and needs to close windows. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”. I tried to repair iTunes from apple but it did not correct the problem and now whenever I try opening iTunes on my desktop I first have the pop up message notifying me of the rental movie which ended and when I click “ok” immediately I have the second pop up message the “iTunes has stopped working…” Please help.

Windows 10

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 9:12 AM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2016 9:49 AM in response to turingtest2

I tried. The software opens but when I go to movies in iTunes store, again I get the same pop-ups that Tunes has stop working ... and iTunes has stopped working and needs to close windows. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. please help. it all happened after upgrading the software following Apple requests.

Apr 15, 2016 10:01 AM in response to shechtes

Try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

iTunes 12.3.3.17 stop working on windows 10 after a message of that the rental movie has ended.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.