Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Female lightning to male usb adaptor

Does anyone know where I get a female lightning to male usb adaptor? it needs to be charge and data

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 12:19 PM

Have a look at what it actually throws up though, they're female usb to male lightning, ie the exact opposite of what i'm after.

I've tried Amazon, ebay, maplin, apple, etc. I've found female lightning to micro usb, but not usb. Trying a shop did occur to me, i'm after somewhere specific - a link would be ideal

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2016 12:19 PM in response to SergZak

Have a look at what it actually throws up though, they're female usb to male lightning, ie the exact opposite of what i'm after.

I've tried Amazon, ebay, maplin, apple, etc. I've found female lightning to micro usb, but not usb. Trying a shop did occur to me, i'm after somewhere specific - a link would be ideal

Sep 28, 2017 5:40 AM in response to theratter

Yes there is a use for one. The iRig 2 comes with a 7 pin din to male lightning cable for plugging into an iPad. However, if you want to plug it into a new MacBook Pro they only have 4 USB-C female sockets.

I'm looking for the same adapter right now and someone dumbfounded that these things aren't all over the place.

If Apple wants us to live in a Dongle World then they better step up their game. You spend a fortune on a tricked-out MacBook Pro only to get stymied by a stupid little adapter cable.

I'm not impressed Apple!

Jul 14, 2017 8:58 AM in response to adam3310

I'm also looking for an adapter - I have a small lighting-powered fan that clicks into an iPhone or iPad, but what if I want to plug it into my MacBook? or my desktop PC at work?

I can't believe NO ONE has thought of people wanting to plug something *into* a lightning opening that's not necessarily connected to a phone/ipad/etc.

Aug 12, 2017 3:28 AM in response to llyfra

Doing the same thorough research, and I’ve only found these (and you’ll see other multiple chargers only) but they don’t do audio :/

Type C to Lightning Adapter 2-Pack, FANISY Type-C(USB-C) to 8-Pin Lightning Male Charge and Sync Adapter - Data Sync your iPhone / iPad / iPod with USB-C Cables- Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N3DK7X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yFTJzbKT57SGV

Nov 20, 2017 9:48 AM in response to rfrid

Apple is sometimes so much pain. I am trying to connect a lightning microphone to iPhone and due to space limitation there is no room for a regular cable, but I need a right angle one. Well, there is no right angle male to female lightning cable. There is no adapter either. So I found lightning right angle male to USB cable. Well, of course there is no USB cable to lightning female cable.

Female lightning to male usb adaptor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.