Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 IOS 9.3.1 doesn't ring when a call comes in, nor text message doesn't sound a notification.

Iphone 6 IOS 9.3.1 doesn't ring when a call comes in, nor text message doesn't sound a notification.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 1:00 PM

15 replies

Mar 22, 2017 12:25 PM in response to Barbara Gulbis

Just a thought. Recently I removed my otter box case from my i6 phone to clean it. After replacing the cover I noticed some time later that I wasn't getting alerts when I received calls or texts, but my phone would vibrate whether locked or unlocked. I later realized that upon replacing my cover I inadvertently tripped the switch above the 2 volume buttons. The Otter Box cover has a slot cover that covers the switch that turns off the alerts for receiving calls. I lifted the slot cover and Viola!, the switch was switched down therefore preventing my receiving sound alerts. I pushed the switch up and the problem was resolved.

Apr 15, 2016 12:49 PM in response to Barbara Gulbis

You have a Wii console? I can't see how logging onto your Wii could have anything to do with your iPhone not ringing.

Have you checked Settings/Do Not Disturb? Is that set on perhaps?

If that's okay then try resetting the phone - Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings (after doing this you'll have to reconnect to your WiFi network, etc.)

If that doesn't work then make sure you have a current backup of the phone to either iTunes or iCloud (preferably both) and try Reset All Settings - this will erase all the phone's preferences and settings. Does that fix it?

If that doesn't fix it then you should try restoring it to factory settings using iTunes - Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2016 6:08 AM in response to David Shanahan

Yes, David the Do Not Disturb was on so I turned it off and now my iphone is working correctly. I am also pleased to see that you agree with me about logging onto the WII could have anything to do with the ringing of my cell phone. AT&T needs to get on board with the iphone, especially since they have started selling them. I appreciate your help in solving this problem.

Barbara Gulbis

Jul 14, 2016 5:04 AM in response to Barbara Gulbis

Found this in another forum for an iPhone 5 but worked on my 6... Worked for me after 4 days of the obvious stuff not working including a full restore to factory settings.

Go to settings-general-accessibillity-scroll to assistive touch and turn it on.

Then you have a white circle on black square icon -tap- tap on device- tap on Mute/Unmute- Try and see if that solved the ringer problem. If it has, go back and turn assistive touch off- that might also solve the problem.

It is not intuitive that your phone is in mute this way... There is no icon whatsoever (Apple engineers can ask themselves why). May help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.