Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage says "inactive"

I use a Mac Book Pro OS X El Capitan and just tried signing into iMessage. It has been signed in but still says inactive.

whenever i try to send a message, it tells me i haven't signed in. Does this have anything to do with location? i live in NigeriaUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 12:17 PM

8 replies

Apr 14, 2016 12:51 PM in response to tobzville

Humm,

I found this If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

At the bottom it says:-

User uploaded file

Now it says FaceTime is not available everywhere and I am sure there are some limits on iMessages as well but this Document does not say that.

Google and Apple Searches are not that helpful at the moment.

User uploaded file

8:51 pm Thursday; April 14, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Apr 14, 2016 1:28 PM in response to tobzville

Hi,

I just looked at the pictures a bit closer.

You should not have two Bonjour accounts.

Also try Enabling one of the Bonjour accounts and seer if that make the iMessages one Enable itself.

The Bonjour and iMessages accounts are there by default and you cannot delete them from the list.

The Yahoo one should have an active minus icon under the list of Accounts to say you can delete it.

Triggering Bonjour to Active can help.

User uploaded file

9:27 pm Thursday; April 14, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iMessage says "inactive"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.