Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 6 Oticon Streamer Pro 1.3 contection problems

I use the Oticon Streamer Pro 1.3 to connect to my iPhone 6.

I had problems with with my streamer connecting to my iPhone.

After updating the Ios my Streamer has dropped calls, switched from the streamer to the Iphone in the middle of the call, and it would also start streaming music.

After several weeks of trying to get Oticon to respond and a visit to my Audiologist. I found out the problem was with that new Ios was causing these problems.

Is there anyone at Apple that is aware of these problems.

It is very annoying that Oticon has known about these problem but will not share this vital information with the users of their products.

Thanks,

Michael Carney

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3, Acessablty

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 4:12 PM

45 replies

May 20, 2016 9:15 AM in response to mpcirish

Hello

I have the same problem with my streamer with 1.3 and also with the 1.0.

In my case it seems as if randomly the iphone stopped the Bluetooth connection.

It is very annoying to be on the phone and suddenly stop listening to the other person.

With my previous iphone 4 had never had this problem. With 6 plus had not had until it was updated to version 9.3.1 or just above.

Apple would be interesting to investigate this matter in order to provide a solution to the community of deaf people who use their products and have hearing aids with the ability to connect via bluetooth to the phone.

Regards.

Salvis.ec

May 17, 2016 11:13 AM in response to Salvis.ec

I've only had hearing aids, Oticon Alta Pro2 Ti miniRITE for a few months. During that time my Streamer Pro 1.3 has randomly lost the connection with my 6s and just as randomly reacquired it. The first solution my audiologist got from Oticon was to replace the antenna. That made no difference. Next I was given a new Streamer Pro but that didn't work either. The tech in the office paired the HAs to the Streamer and then we re-paired it to my iPhone. Of course it worked in the office for the few minutes we tried it out. In real life it has continued to fail. Fortunately the call isn't dropped and I can put it up to my ear only to have it reconnect randomly again. Yesterday I updated my iPhone to iOS 9.3.2 which supposedly fixed some BT issues with the SE models. It didn't fix anything on my 6s. Someone suggested to do a Network reset and unlink then re-pair it to the phone. If anything it might have made the issue worse. I had to turn the Streamer off so the caller could even hear me. I know there are other folks having this issue. Like the previous posters. I would appreciate a solution. The only reason I got the Streamer was for the cell phone connection. I don't Stream anything else with it.

May 18, 2016 3:21 AM in response to tacomadriver

Hello,

What happens to you is exactly what happens to me.

I've also tried updating to ios 9.3.2 and nothing has been fixed.

I also try to do a reboot of the iPhone settings and reset the network settings and also did not help, the problem persists.

Probably there is a problem in 9.3.1 Ios and avobe. With previous versions of the operating system streamer worked well.

I also tested the streamer with a Samsung Galaxy S5 Android and have had no problem.

Hopefully Apple fix this annoying problem, is a big problem for people who have to use hearing aids.

Greetings.

May 18, 2016 7:19 AM in response to mpcirish

I called Oticon tech support and found out that this is a known issue. It has to do with Apple continually upgrading their iOS. When the Streamer was designed, it worked with the current iOS at the time, but as Apple has continually upgraded, the Streamer unfortunately hasn't. They said they are working on it, but the workaround solution for now is to connect the stereo cable that came with the Streamer to the headphone jack of the iPhone. This should bypass the Bluetooth connection.They also said to make sure the Bluetooth is off on the phone. It's a pain to do but definitely better than having the phone cut in and out during a conversation and missing a few sentences.

May 18, 2016 7:48 AM in response to bbn0305

Thank you bbn0305 and everyone posting here. I know not everyone posts to support forums and I can't help but wonder what the magnitude of this type of problem might be. I think there are bluetooth connection protocols and standards for a device to interface with another. Which party, Apple or Oticon isn't following guidelines? Also is this the only bluetooth device not working with the recent iOS updates? I know it's a wild guess on my part but my suspicion is that it is some kind of security setting to ensure our iPhones can't be hacked and the conversation eavesdropped on. I'll have to try out the cable connection.

Jun 2, 2016 12:33 PM in response to mpcirish

I am having the same issue and as a business executive I am on the phone constantly and need to have a good connection. I have written to Apple support to highlight this issue and have not heard back. Appears they are ignoring this string on their own support page as well. I was hopeful that 9.3.2 would solve the issue, but it has not. Appears this disconnect issue is not isolated to the Oticon streamer, appears the same issue is happening with other bluetooth devices. I am always amazed how a software developer can issue new and improved software, but they break something that was working just fine! Hopefully Apple will start paying attention to the large number of Oticon Streamer Pro users!

Jun 22, 2016 11:43 PM in response to mpcirish

I too am having issues with the streamer bluetooth randomly disconnecting during a call. It usually disconnects and then by the time I pull over, find my phone, unlock my phone, open the call, and then click speaker phone... within a minute or so of conversation on speaker phone the streamer will reconnect and pick the call back up. This may happen 3 or 4 times over a 10 minute call. Very annoying and makes me appear unprofessional as a business person. I have 38% hearing in 1 year and 30% hearing in the other - so this is vital to my functionality, especially in the business world. I am running iOS 9.3.2 and my streamer is running the latest firmware for it. I hope apple gets this fixed soon!!! We needed this fix yesterday!

Jul 20, 2016 8:08 PM in response to mpcirish

I am also having this exact same problem and so is my sister. I've just made an appointment with my audiologist, thinking I needed a new streamer or new connection cables. For those of us who depend on our streamer for phone calls, this is very very frustrating. I will be following to see if there are updates or fixes to this problem.

Thank you for posting this!

Janet

Aug 19, 2016 5:00 AM in response to mpcirish

Hi

To clarify: you are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based community.

You may find the following article helpful in explaining why these issues have arisen; it discusses Oticon Streamer Pro in some detail.

The article also explains why Apple and others implement changes to Bluetooth protocols over time and how third-party vendors should issue firmware and/or software updates, as required, in order to maintain product functionality:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/08/07/bluetooth-streaming-problems-introduce d-in-apples-ios-92-remain-have-wide-rami…

Contact details for Oticon are available here:

http://www.oticon.global/about/contact/

If you would also like to send feedback to Apple, you can do so here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sep 21, 2016 12:54 PM in response to mpcirish

Here is the latest from Oticon on the bluetooth disconnect issue:

Your email and the linked article about iPhones and Bluetooth headsets was relayed to our local product managers. Please be assured that resolving the issue for Streamer Pro users remains a priority for us. Troubleshooting, to identify the cause and develop a solution, is ongoing between Apple and developers at Oticon’s headquarters. The wired connection is a solution most patients are using. This week, the teams at Oticon’s headquarters suggested these steps for the streamed-call issue. It has worked in some cases. If you prefer streaming calls, you can see if it works for you.

1. Update Streamer Pro to the most recent firmware available. This is done via the fitting software. Your local hearing care provider would assist you in updating the Streamer Pro if needed.
  2. Do a Factory Reset of the iPhone
    1. Back the phone up to iCloud
    2. Run the Factory Reset
    3. Restore settings from iCloud
    4. Pair with the upgraded Streamer Pro

As noted, you would contact your provider for assistance with your Streamer Pro. For assistance on the phone end, we suggest following up with your Apple support team. They would be more familiar with the phone’s features and functionality.

Best Regards,

Technical Support Audiology

Oticon, Inc.

Email peoplefirst@oticonusa.com

Web www.oticon.com

I phone 6 Oticon Streamer Pro 1.3 contection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.