Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5c stopped making sounds for calls, texts, and alerts

Not sure if the upgrade had anything to do with it, but shortly after 9.3 and 9.3.1, my phone stopped making the selected sounds. It will play the sound when you select it in Settings, so I know it can make noise, but it doesn't ring when I get a call or play selected sounds for texts or alerts. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Since it went silent, I set it to flash a light at me to alert me, but I have to have it right in front of me to notice. Haven't checked vibrate because I don't like the vibrate noise and I never have it in my pocket anyway. Thanks! Mary

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2016 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 9:59 PM

Try to force restart the phone

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies

May 3, 2016 12:35 PM in response to ManSinha

Sorry - didn't make myself clear. No change at all with the force reset, and then it started "making noises" one day last week - that is good, not a problem returning. That is what I wanted it to do - "make noises", and it had stopped doing that and then started out of the blue. Didn't appear to be as a result of the force reset since it was a couple of weeks after that that it cured itself.

So far, it rings when I get a call, it makes sounds when I get a text, etc., so I am not going to do anything else to it now, but I will keep your suggestions for future reference. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Mary

iphone 5c stopped making sounds for calls, texts, and alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.