Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts stopped loading onto iPad

I'm running iOS 9.3.1 on my iPad Air.

When I sync my iPad, podcasts no longer transfer from my iMac to the iPad. The podcasts appear to be downloaded onto the Mac.

New podcasts do appear in the Podcast app, but they are not downloaded.

When I try to download individual podcasts directly onto the iPad via WiFi, it appears to download correctly, but afterward the item still gets marked as unavailable for offline play.

There is still 14 GB of free space on the iPad.

The problem started recently - maybe a couple weeks ago (late March 2016).

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 2:57 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2016 1:48 PM in response to Ken Katano

ETA: Another odd symptom that may or may not be connected: when I play podcasts that are currently on my iPad, they do not get marked as played. When I use the "mark as played" option, the podcast does not get marked, and it does not get removed (I have all my podcasts set to delete after playing).

More information: if I manually download a new podcast via WiFi, the podcast remains marked as unloaded, but I can initiate play, and I can turn off WiFi without interrupting the podcast. But if the play gets interrupted, I cannot resume play without reconnecting to the internet.

Podcasts stopped loading onto iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.