Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI from PC to Mini Display Port

Hello. I have a PC with an HDMI out that I want to connect to a 24" LED Cinema display with the mini display port. I know you can't use a straight converter, so I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-HDMI2DP-DisplayPort-Active-Converter/dp/B004I 6IYSM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1460746255&sr=8-9&keywords=startech+hdmi+to+dp

However, the display cinema display remains blank. Has anyone tried that adapter before? Is there another one that is known to work? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 12:00 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2016 5:38 PM in response to T S1

The splash screen working implies that something is changing the PC's display settings after booting. Make sure it's 1920 X 1200, 60Hz, progressive scan (not interlaced).

The Kanex unit has the same secs as the one you're using, but they do test with Apple displays. I don't think you have a hardware problem, though, especially with that splash screen showing.

HDMI from PC to Mini Display Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.