Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to debug UIWebview with Safari 9.1

Recently upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.4 , it comes with Safari 9.1. Now I am unable to debug UIWebview on iOS Simulator (tested on iOS 9.2 and iOS 8.4. both are not working). In the simulator the safari setting are as followed. Web Inspector is ON, JavaScript is ON. Fraudulent Website Warning is OFF. In Mac Safari the Develop menu do show up, the simulator entry show up when simulator launched but only Show JSContext. The embedded UIWebview in our app doesn't show up in the simulator sub menu. Any web pages in iOS safari doesn't show up as well. Is there a setting that I missed? This was working before upgrade to 10.11.4

OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 1:57 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2016 6:09 PM in response to ahuang105

Hello ahuang105,

If you are a developer, you can't act like a user.

That means that you need to be testing Apple's software throughout each beta cycle. You need to be doing this testing on a complete "burner" ecosystem - iOS devices, Macs, Apple IDs all dedicated to beta testing. Along the way, if something you are developing breaks in any of that, you will be able to report the bug to Apple and develop a workaround in case Apple releases it with the bug.

At the same time, another complete production ecosystem - iOS devices, Macs, and Apple IDs all dedicated production development - needs to stay on the newest released version that doesn't have crippling bugs. For El Capitan, your guess is as good as mine what build that might be. 10.11.3 I guess.

For now, I suggest asking in the developer forums if this particular bug is fixed in 10.11.5. I have seen Apple engineers recommend that build for simulator problems in 10.11.4.

Unable to debug UIWebview with Safari 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.