Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 2 can't see Sharing

I've got a MacMINI that is used as a media server... over 2TB of music, most of it HD (96k/24bit FLAC), which also holds all of my video rips and purchases. I've setup HOME SHARING as it's supposed to be and can see it on my iMac and MBPro. AppleTV 2 can't see it and my iPhone6/iPad Air can't see it.

It's NOT an "authorized computer" issue, as I can LOG OUT of 'authorized computer' sharing and STILL see Home Sharing on the Mac systems... just NOT on anything else.

I also don't think it's a ROUTER ISSUE, as all other Macs in the house can see it.

I will check AppleTV 3 later on and add to this post later, but I've given up. As long as most of my stuff is in iCloud, I'm OK... but there's media I've ripped or encoded myself (from my own video producton company) that SHOULD show up, and does on some systems, but not on AppleTV.

Home Sharing to cover EVERYTHING, yes?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 7:04 PM

1 reply

AppleTV 2 can't see Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.