Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share iCal on local network

I just started in an office run by a set of networked iMacs running Snow Leopard.
How can I create a shared, synced iCal for everyone to use?

NO iCloud.

I can't search apple support because EVERY ANSWER has iCloud in it.

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 7:24 PM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2016 8:26 AM in response to Ellyenne

You can share Mail, Calendars, and Contacts running Snow Leopard. Based on my experience, I don’t recommend syncing Contacts - created a lot of problems with duplicates. If you have 2 step verification enabled on your Apple ID, you will need to generate an application specific password for Mail, iCal, and Address Book. Apple ID - Manage

Snow Leopard iCloud - Address and iCal

Snow Leopard iCloud – iCal

Snow Leopard iCloud - Configuring Mail with Mac OS X v10.6 or iOS 4

Apr 16, 2016 12:13 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for the links, I've read both of them. And both require iCloud.

No one in the company, including me, is willing to sacrifice their personal iCloud to host the company calendar.

Personally, I synced my iCal with my Android using CalDAV and a German calendar server for 10 years without using iCloud. Worked perfectly. I now use iCloud, and it works most of the time.

I should be able to use the networked computers (local network) to "host" the calendar in house. There are shared folders. I suppose we could use drop box, Google, or go back to Fruxx, but there should be a way to do it on the local machines. If I knew more about local networks, I should be able to pull the address of a shared folder, and use it to host.

Actually, I was pretty amazed to find a complete group of 6 functioning i7 iMacs.

Share iCal on local network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.