Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen saver is black instead of Aerial photos, what happened?

My Apple TV screen saver is set on Aerial and used to show beautiful photos from around the world. Now, it is a black screen. I have not changed any settings.

Posted on Apr 15, 2016 11:04 PM

4 replies

Feb 6, 2017 6:41 AM in response to KrisRidge

I have this problem, too. Restarting the unit doesn't resolve it. Sometimes it works properly. Sometimes if I'm streaming a playlist in the Music app overnight, (don't ask why) the screen is black in the morning. When the song changes, I can see the title display briefly in the upper right corner of the black screen.

If I click the menu button, I see the graphic of the album cover and the song info. If I go back to the main menu screen and double-click the menu button, it starts Aerial and it plays fine.

The screensaver settings are set properly. Sleep is set to Never. It works most of the time. From what I can tell, this only happens when the unit is on overnight. If I stream music during the day, the screensaver comes on and stays on.

This problem started recently, within about the last week or so. Prior to that, it worked properly. Of course, the first thing I tried was to restart the box. That didn't fix it.

My screen saver is black instead of Aerial photos, what happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.