Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no lock/unlock option in setting/general in my new iPad pro 9.7. How to get it?

My new Ipad pro 9.7 has no "lock/unlock" option in setting/ general of the uptodate iOS 9.3.1.

How can I fix it?

Petch

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2016 1:22 AM

Do you have a smart-cover on your iPad ?

8 replies

May 7, 2016 3:46 PM in response to mabaeyens

Sorry for the double post but I have been reading about it and indeed, old cases won't work with iPad Pro because mainly the smart connector, nothing to do with proximity.

Any iPad Air 2 case will fit in perfectly because height and width are exactly the same, however, there are several new elements like the back flashlight and microphone, the four speakers (bottom ones in new locations) and the left dots for the smart connector that will require a new cover to work properly. Anyway, the previous cases will protect the iPad Pro 9.7 just fine.

Planned obsolescence as usual.

Mods are welcome to remove both posts.

There is no lock/unlock option in setting/general in my new iPad pro 9.7. How to get it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.