Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch band stuck?

I have a 42 mm Space Gray Apple Watch Sport. For the past several months, I've had/used only the black sport band but recently bought the black woven nylon band. When exchanging the bands, the sport band came off cleanly and the bottom portion (longer part of band?) of the woven nylon band went in fine but the top half (shorter portion w/buckle) really struggled to attach. The band had no protrusions or anything and the slot where the band goes into the watch was clear. After a while of struggling, I managed to attach the band but now it won't come out at all. The quick release button presses but doesn't cause the band to release. The bottom band still functions as normal, just not the top. Any idea how to fix this?

Apple Watch Sport 42mm, watchOS 2.2, null

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2017 12:25 PM

Had the same issue with Apple Watch 2 (stainless) and the Apple space black stainless steel link bracelet that came with it. One end of the bracelet just would not come off no matter what. Went to the genius bar today and using some ammonia free spray cleaner, the tech was able to clean off the bracelet enough so that it stopped sticking. He did offer to take it in for further service, 3 -5 day turn around, but I declined.

Seems to be more of a bracelet than watch issue. One side of the bracelet is still a little harder to get off than the other, no matter into which end of the watch I slide it.

Over time it seems that oil or gunk gets either into the watch band channel slot, or onto the ends of the bans themselves, so you might need to clean these with a non ammonia cleaner occasionally.

Once the link bracelet is off, any other band I have, such as the silicone Nike sport band, or a couple of aftermarket (Non Apple) sport bands, all seem to slide on and off much more easily than the Apple stainless link.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2017 12:25 PM in response to justaidancorona

Had the same issue with Apple Watch 2 (stainless) and the Apple space black stainless steel link bracelet that came with it. One end of the bracelet just would not come off no matter what. Went to the genius bar today and using some ammonia free spray cleaner, the tech was able to clean off the bracelet enough so that it stopped sticking. He did offer to take it in for further service, 3 -5 day turn around, but I declined.

Seems to be more of a bracelet than watch issue. One side of the bracelet is still a little harder to get off than the other, no matter into which end of the watch I slide it.

Over time it seems that oil or gunk gets either into the watch band channel slot, or onto the ends of the bans themselves, so you might need to clean these with a non ammonia cleaner occasionally.

Once the link bracelet is off, any other band I have, such as the silicone Nike sport band, or a couple of aftermarket (Non Apple) sport bands, all seem to slide on and off much more easily than the Apple stainless link.

Apple Watch band stuck?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.