Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Answer to How To Sort Contacts by Company Name"

I just got my first iPhone s+ and disappointed there is no categories for company separate from all contacts. If there is, pls let me know. So this is how I sorted it out. It's still in All Contacts but under Company. Make sure that in your settings, you chose Prefer Nicknames.

1. Add new contact and name it Company or Business or any group you want. Then touch Done.

2. Add new contact and name it Company Apple or Company Blueberry, as long as you type Company before the real name of company.

3. Go to add fields and choose Nickname. Go up to your info and type the nickname of the company i.e. Apple, Blueberry. Complete the rest of your contact info and touch Done. You're welcome.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 11:29 AM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2016 12:13 PM in response to Implor

Creating your own system is never a good idea. It will cause pain sooner or later.

On your computer, you can also designate if a given contact card is a person or a company, which avoids most of your manual labor.

Either way, you can use the search field to find specific cards, such as all cards for Apple, Blueberry, etc., without having to manually modify them, as you're doing now.

Answer to How To Sort Contacts by Company Name"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.