Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local Weather

Hi there,

My iPod's weather app has been having a little problem. You know how in the weather app, the very first one is supposed to indicate the weather where you are exactly? Well, two weeks ago, I went to Paris for the day. The app told me the local weather for Paris without a problem. Then, I went back home and the app didn't update. I didn't think much of it, it usually take a bit longer. But now, two weeks later the app still appears to think I am in Paris.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I already tried rebooting my iPod. I also tried changing the time zone to a different city but apparently,

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 1:15 PM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2016 1:46 PM in response to lllaass

When I open the Map app, it shows the last address I looked up, which was months ago already. Noticing the little arrow in the corner, which is also on the first weather location, I pressed that, hoping it would update my location. That takes forever and eventually it tells me Current Location Not Available.

And no, I did not bring my router with me to Paris. The hotel we stayed at had its own wifi.

Apr 16, 2016 1:53 PM in response to EmskieWings

For location the iPod uses the location of nearby routers that are in Apple's database of routers and their location. Thus it appears that Apple's database does not have your router/location.Apple periodically updates their database based on information they obtain from iPhones, The iPhone has to have turned on the option to send info to Apple. No one has found another way to get the location of a router added/corrected.

You can confirm that by going to well-know place with wifi like Starbucks or McDonalds and see if your location is correctly shown

Local Weather

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.