Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot access all of my iphone photos from the pc

When i plug the iPhone into the PC I cannot access all of my pictures. When I navigate to the DCIM folder the subitle says " a long time ago" and then I navigate into that directory and I only see about 7 photos? It will not let me delete them anymore from the PC? I have no idea what has changed. When I go into the cloud I can see everything?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, PC with Windows 7

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 3:41 PM

Try importing the photos instead of looking for them under the DCIM folders (there are likely more than one). See if they show up this way.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

2 replies

May 2, 2016 2:41 PM in response to elcpu

NOT what I want to do + too many unnecessary steps. I don't want to upload any of my photos to the iCloud (unnecessary space-wasting duplication). I don't want to import any of my photos onto my computer (unnecessary space-wasting duplication). I simply want to be able to access them, view them full size on a computer screen, maybe copy one or two off onto my computer to edit and post on social media. Accessing my phone's photos should be as simple as USB plug-and-play for viewing, copying, and deleting photos on the phone. It used to be. Why is it not like this anymore?

My issue: I am unable to see/view any of my phone's photos that I have taken or saved AFTER I upgraded to this new iPhone 6S on my computer through Windows Explorer when my phone is connected. The newer photos are on my phone - I can see them - but only my old photos prior to my phone upgrade show up in the DCIM folders. I just upgraded a few months ago. Oddly, all folders in DCIM have the exact same created and last modified dates - in 1979. Yes, this is a trusted computer.

i cannot access all of my iphone photos from the pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.