Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i upload my dropbox music library to my ipod nano without losing the music already on the nano. what app?

how do i upload my dropbox music library to my ipod nano without losing the music already on the nano. i don't know what generation it is. i have had it over 6 years. i do not have a computer but can get access to a pc. do i need to download the contents of the nano first into SENUTI then upload the dropbox music. i have no idea how to begin. i have been researching this for months. need help i am in brooklyn, ny. anyone out there know how to do this?

no novices please i want someone who has done this before.

<Re-Titled by Host>

iPod nano, null

Posted on Apr 17, 2016 7:52 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2016 5:45 PM in response to tod275

You need iTunes running on a Mac or Windows PC to sync songs to an iPod. There are some alternative music manager apps that can sync songs to an iPod, but I don't recall "Dropbox" being one of them. It may work with iPod touch (which is an iOS device like iPhone and iPad).

For your other question, you need to off-load songs from the iPod using a third-party method or utility. iTunes syncing is generally in one direction only, from iTunes library to iPod. You cannot use iTunes to transfer song files from iPod to computer (except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store). However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod music transfer," you should get some links (including a useful article by CNET on the topic). And "Senuti" is one of those utilities.

NOTE: Songs previously purchased from the iTunes Store can be re-downloaded at no cost, from the iTunes Store Purchased screen.

Download your past purchases - Apple Support

how do i upload my dropbox music library to my ipod nano without losing the music already on the nano. what app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.