Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one change spotlight (Siri) news feed?

I Use spotlight to get to common apps - which is good. The newsfeed however is lame. (That is not the word I want to use but the sensors will delete my question if I use those words). Right now the spotlight news feed gives me 8! sports stories about local teams. This is despite

1. I am not into sports and I do not have any sports channels in the News App
  2. I did not grow up here (Dallas) and I dislike most of the teams. Yet this is all I get shown.

I Would love to either have spotlight follow what I have set up in the News app - or shut it down completely. (I would really like national and international news.)

iPhone 6 - current iOS.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2016 5:38 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 6:57 PM in response to Matthew Goeckner

I don't live in Houston or Dallas (I live in Connecticut) and more than 50% of my stories are from Dallas or Houston. Today, I had three Rangers stories and news on a South Dallas rape. I've tooled around in settings and location services but can't seem to find anything that either eliminates the local news or at least gives me local news from my location.

How does one change spotlight (Siri) news feed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.