Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“This Device is Already Associated With an Apple ID” "If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto- download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days”

I had damaged my phone and Rec’d a refurbished Iphone 5S, from Assurian, for an insurance claim. (everything transferred over, however the phone was defective and returned and replaced with another refurbished iPhone 5S) Again Set it up with assistance from AT&T Pro Tech support.,everything went smoothly that is until I realized that although my iTunes Library transferred, When I went to play a song, I received the following message…

“This Device is Already Associated With an Apple ID”

"If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto- download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days”

I’ve had multiple I phones and I never encountered this problem. It gives me the option to cancel or transfer, However, I’m afraid to mess something up that might cause me to lose my purchased music or cause other issues…. has anyone else ever encountered this issue? or know what to do about it? Thank You

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2016 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 7:49 AM

You will not lose your purchases associated with your Apple ID

It sounds like the device you have was not properly disassociated from its prior owner before being given to you

Settings - iCloud - is that your current Apple ID that you see there?

4 replies

Apr 18, 2016 8:01 AM in response to ManSinha

Thank you for your speedy reply. I just checked and the only Apple ID listed there is mine...I'm still not quite sure why if my Apple ID is the only one listed on the phone... 'If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto- download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days”.....Just one of those Apple things to keep us confused... I suppose😉

Thank You again!!!

“This Device is Already Associated With an Apple ID” "If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto- download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.